1999-2001 Crown Victoria / Grand MarquisCongratulations on choosing what we feel is the best supercharger kit on the market. Proper installation is the key to long and trouble free operation. Please read and understand thoroughly all of the instructions presented here. We have made major improvements on the Rev II Kit, especially on issues associated with installation time. Every possible effort has been made to assure a quality and complete product. Please check the completeness and condition of your kit as received. A checklist is included with your warranty information, which lists all the parts and quantities. If there are any missing or damaged parts, please call us. We will make every effort to remedy the situation in a timely manner.
1. Disconnect negative ground cable from battery.
2. Remove plastic engine cover.
3. Remove EEC processor from driver side footwell. And set aside.
4. Remove mass air sensor to throttle body tube.
Disconnect vehicle wiring harness connectors from ignition coils; throttle
position sensor, idle air, EGR
6. Remove PCV hose from vehicle.
7. Remove ignition coils.
8. Remove throttle and cruise control cables.
9. Remove idle air valve, and hose from vehicle.
10. Remove crankcase vent hose from vehicle.
11. Relieve fuel system pressure and disconnect spring lock couplings. A special tool is required for this.
12. Remove PCV, and vacuum hoses from vehicle.
Drain engine coolant from petcock valve on bottom of radiator. Remove
radiator cap to speed up this
14. Remove throttle body from intake manifold.
15. Disconnect water heater hose from intake manifold.
16. Remove upper radiator hose from thermostat housing.
17. Remove accessory drive belt from vehicle, using a 3/8” drive breaker bar to loosen the tensioner.
18. Loosen 2 alternator bolts, and disconnect alternator wires. Remove Alternator and set aside.
19. Remove steel bracket which supports throttle cables and stuff.
20. Loosen EGR tube retaining nut at EGR Valve.
Remove Intake Manifold bolts, including the ones retaining the water
outlet. There is a heavy steel bracket
22. Remove water outlet.
23. Remove thermostat housing, thermostat and O-Ring from the Intake manifold.
24. Remove Intake Manifold.
25. The stud and nut can now be re-installed (without heavy steel bracket). Be sure to re-install bolt too.
26. Remove Intake Manifold Gaskets.
27. Vacuum any dirt or debris from the Intake Manifold flanges and cover with duct tape or equivalent.
Remove 2 nuts and 1 bolt power steering reservoir mount on the front
cover. Remove lower stud replace
29. Remove the 4 bolts retaining the water pump pulley. Remove pulley.
Remove front cover bolts, which will need to be replaced for the mounting
of the Idler Pulley Mount. To
31. Position Idler Pulley Mount and retain with bolts provided. (Torque to 17-22 ft-lb.)
32. Remove belt tensioner from vehicle.
33. Remove pulley from tensioner.(do not discard!)
34. Install supplied pulley onto tensioner.
35. Install the supplied “phaser” in between tensioner and front cover. (use supplied longer bolt and washer)
36. Install the pulley removed from the tensioner onto the Idler bracket. (use supplied bolt and washer)
Transfer the EGR Valve from the stock manifold to the new manifold with
bolts and gasket provided.
Transfer the throttle body from the stock manifold to the new manifold
using stock bolts. Reuse the
Transfer the Idle air control valve from the stock manifold to the new
manifold using supplied bolts.
40. Transfer the engine temperature sensor from the old manifold, to the new one. (Use Teflon sealant)
Transfer one fuel rail bolt from the old manifold to the new manifold
(passenger side-rear). Be sure to
Transfer EGR solenoid to new manifold using the bolts supplied, and
attach the hose from the manifold to
Transfer fuel pressure test (schraeder) valve from old fuel rail to
new fuel rail (driver side). Use Teflon
44. Re-install cap on the schraeder valve.
Since the EGR Valve has been re-located, the EGR Tube must be “Modified”.
This can be done with
Tighten all EGR feed tube connections. The photos are shown without
the woven heat shield for clarity.
47. You are tired now and should take a 10 minute break!
Relocate the EGR pressure transducer rearward by gently bending the
steel tubes on the EGT tube. This
Remove black plastic protective sleeve on water pump shaft. This may
require a hammer and sharp chisel
Position new water pump pulley onto the water pump and attach the intercooler
water pump with the 4
The injector plugs need to be swapped to match the 30# injectors. Disassemble
the connectors as shown.
A small notch may need to be cut into the windshield wiper arm cover.
Remove the cover and trim.
Re-install the intake manifold gaskets on to the cylinder heads. Make
sure they have not been damaged in
Set the Intake manifold / Supercharger assembly onto the engine. Be
sure not to damage the gaskets
Install the intake manifold bolts supplied (9 hex flange bolts) and
tighten in a crisscross pattern. Repeat
Install alternator bracket to front of engine, hand tighten the bolts.
The belt must be routed properly
57. Install drive housing clamps and bolts. Tighten bolts (8-11 ft-lbs). Torque alternator bolts to 17-21 ft-lbs.
Connect feeder tube fitting to EGR Valve and tighten. There may be some
slight alignment of the flexible
59. Re-install ignition coils and retaining bolts, and tighten.
60. Plug in electrical connectors for the ignition coils, fuel injectors, throttle body, idle air control valve, etc.
61. Re-connect heater hose to intake manifold fitting.
Attach the Evaporative canister hose to the passenger side 3/8” vacuum
tube. (See Figure 1) The existing
Using supplied hose and stock hard plastic tube, connect the hose from
PCV valve to the driver side 3/8”
Re-attach the throttle and cruise control cables and return spring.
Check for proper operation and adjust
65. Connect vacuum hoses to EGR valve and solenoid. (See Figure 1)
The wires for the inlet air temperature sensor need to be lengthened.
Supplied in the kit are color-coded
67. Remove the fuel pressure regulator from the stock fuel rails, and insert it into the adapter.
68. Re-attach the circlip to retain the regulator.
Install the regulator assembly into the fuel rail. Connect vacuum hose
to regulator. (shown not
Install thermostat, O-Ring, and thermostat housing, using the stock
bolt and the nut and washer supplied.
71. Re-connect the fuel line (if disconnected).
Replace the stock alternator pulley with the supplied pulley. This requires
an impact wrench! If you do
73. Insert alternator bolts into bracket as shown on figure 2. (top on pass side, bottom on driver side)
Install alternator onto new bracket and rout belt properly around all
pulleys. The tensioner must be
75. Re-connect electrical connector and wire to alternator.
76. Install the rubber air inlet tube from the mass air flow sensor to throttle body and tighten clamps
77. Re-attach formed rubber hose from air inlet to idle air valve. (hose and connector supplied)
78. Connect valve cover breather hose from driver side valve cover to air inlet tube.
79. Mark hole locations in wheel-well cover using water tank, and drill holes. (1/4” drill).
80. Attach Intercooler coolant tank to firewall cover with supplied hardware.
With the Heat Exchanger for the Intercooler bolted to its mounting brackets,
position the assembly under
82. Connect all intercooler hoses as shown in figure 1.
83. Re-fill engine cooling system and re-install cap. Close the petcock first!
Fill the Intercooler water tank with coolant (50/50 Water Glycol mixture).
It may be necessary to burp
If your kit is equipped with a high flow fuel pump, it can be installed
now. Follow instructions included
Install the chip into the EEC processor. Follow instructions included
with chip. We recommend cleaning
87. The battery cable can now be re-connected.
88. Check for any stray tools or spare parts which may hinder the starting of the vehicle.
Start engine and check for any fuel or coolant leaks, as well as adequate
working clearance between
After initial test drive of 10+ miles the accessory drive belt will
loosen slightly. The alternator must now
91. Re-tighten the bolts to 17-22 ft-lbs and You’re done!
Revision 1.00 5-6-02 SMG
Thank you for your recent purchase of the Allen
Engine Development Inc. supercharger kit for your 2000-2002 Crown Victoria /
Your Kit serial #________
Your Supercharger serial #_______
Please keep this in your records in the event of a warranty claim.