2001 Bullitt® Mustang Supercharger Kit
Congratulations on choosing what we feel is the best supercharger kit on the market. Proper installation is the key to long and trouble free operation. Please read and understand thoroughly all of the instructions presented here. We have made major improvements on the Rev II Kit, especially on issues associated with installation time. Every possible effort has been made to assure a quality and complete product. Please check the completeness and condition of your kit as received. If there are any missing or damaged parts, please call us. We will make every effort to remedy the situation in a timely manner. Please note that the water tank in some kits has a dent in the bottom, not to worry. This is supposed to be there to clear the brake system accumulator.
Many thanks to Michael O’Donnell for use of his Bullitt DHG1005 for this
1. Disconnect negative ground cable from battery.
Remove passenger side door sill and kick panel. The sill just snaps
out, while the kick panel has some
Remove the EEC processor. A few electrical connectors and mounting brackets
must be removed and
4. Remove mass air sensor to throttle body tube.
Disconnect vehicle wiring harness connectors from ignition coils; throttle
position sensor, idle air,
6. Remove PCV hose from vehicle.
7. Remove ignition coils.
8. Remove idle air valve, hose and silencer from vehicle.
9. Remove crankcase vent hose from vehicle.
Disconnect throttle cable (and cruise control cable if equipped) and
mounting bracket from intake
11. Remove vacuum hoses from vehicle.
12. Drain engine coolant from petcock valve on bottom of radiator.
13. Relieve fuel system pressure and disconnect spring lock couplings. A special tool is required for this.
14. Disconnect water heater hose (rear on manifold to firewall) from firewall. (snap connector)
15. Remove accessory drive belt.
16. Loosen 2 alternator bolts and remove Alternator. (Set aside)
17. Remove EGR Solenoid and Transducer from mount.
18. Loosen EGR tube retaining nut at EGR Valve.
19. Remove Intake Manifold bolts, including the ones retaining the water outlet.
20. Remove water outlet and upper radiator hose.
21. Remove thermostat and O-Ring from the Intake manifold.
22. Remove Intake Manifold.
23. Remove Intake Manifold Gaskets.
24. Vacuum any dirt or debris from the Intake Manifold flanges and cover with duct tape or equivalent. 25. 26.
25. Remove water pipe in engine valley and bracket at the back of the cylinder head.
26. Install the supplied water tube in the valley.
27. Remove the formed rubber hose (5/8”) from the firewall and water pump inlet tube.
Detach the snap connector from the hose (5/8”) and install onto the
short end of the supplied L
29. Install the L shaped hose onto the vehicle using the spring hose clamps.
Remove 2 nuts and 1 bolt from power steering reservoir mount on front
cover. Remove lower stud
Remove front cover bolts, which will need to be replaced for the mounting
of the Idler Pulley
32. Position Idler Pulley Mount and retain with bolts provided. (Torque to 17-22 ft-lb.)
30. 31. 32.
Attach Pulley to Mount and retain with provided bolts. (Torque to 17-22
ft-lb.) Reinstall power
34. Remove belt tensioner from vehicle.
35. Remove pulley from tensioner.(do not discard!)
37. 38. .
36. Install supplied pulley onto tensioner.
Install the supplied “phaser” in between tensioner and front cover.
(use supplied longer bolt
Install the pulley removed from the tensioner onto the supplied Idler
bracket. (use supplied bolt
Transfer the EGR Valve valve from the stock manifold to the new manifold
with bolts and gasket
Transfer the throttle body from the stock manifold to the new manifold
using stock bolts. Reuse the
Transfer the Idle air control valve from the stock manifold to the new
manifold using supplied bolts.
42. Transfer the engine temperature sensor from the old manifold, to the new one. (Use Teflon sealant)
Remove heater hose from stock intake manifold and attach it to the new
manifold using the supplied
Transfer one fuel rail bolt from the old manifold to the rear of the
new manifold (driver side). Be
Transfer EGR solenoid to new manifold using the bolts supplied, and
attach the hose from the
Transfer fuel pressure test (schraeder) valve from old fuel rail to
new fuel rail (driver side). Use
Transfer the fuel pressure transducer to the new fuel rail and retain
with the supplied bolts. Connect
Since the EGR Valve has been re-located, the EGR Tube must be “Modified”.
This can be done
Tighten all EGR feed tube connections. The photos are shown without
the woven heat shield for
The new location of the EGR valve requires a stand-off for the wiring
loom running across the
51. Loosen 4 bolts retaining water pump pulley, and remove stock pulley.
Remove black plastic protective sleeve on water pump shaft. This may
require a hammer and sharp
Attach the intercooler water pump and the new supplied water pump pulley
with the 4 supplied bolts.
Re-install the intake manifold gaskets on to the cylinder heads. Maker
sure they have not been
Set the Intake manifold / Supercharger assembly onto the engine. Be
sure not to damage the gaskets
Install the intake manifold bolts supplied (9 hex flange, and 1 long
cap screw) and tighten in a
Connect feeder tube fitting to EGR Valve and tighten. There may be some
slight alignment of the
58. Re-install ignition coils and retaining bolts, and tighten.
Plug in electrical connectors for the ignition coils, fuel injectors,
throttle body, idle air control
60. Re-connect heater hose to firewall connector.
Attach the Evaporative canister hose to the passenger side 3/8” vacuum
tube. (See Figure 1) The
62. Using supplied hose, connect the hose from PCV valve to the driver side 3/8” vacuum tube. (See Figure 1)
Connect vacuum hoses to heater and purge canister. These hoses have
brass reducers attached to
The wires for the inlet air temperature sensor need to be lengthened.
Supplied in the kit are
65. Re-attach the throttle and cruise control cables and return spring.
66. Snap the fuel line connector into the rear of the driver side fuel rail.
Install the supplied rubber air inlet tube from the mass air flow sensor
to throttle body and tighten
68. Re-attach formed rubber hose from air inlet to idle air valve. This may require some trimming!
Connect valve cover breather hose from driver side valve cover to air
inlet tube with 5/8” hose and
Mark hole locations in windshield wiper motor cover using pattern supplied
on Figure 2. Check for
71. Attach Intercooler coolant tank to firewall cover with supplied hardware.
Attach EGR pressure transducer to supplied bracket. Then attach bracket
to fuel rail. Make sure the
Route the supplied drive belt appropriately and position the alternator
bracket. Retain with 2 bolts
74. Install the Drive Housing Clamp and tighten bolts to 7-10 ft lbs.
75. Now the alternator bracket can be tightened to 17-22 ft-lbs.
Thread bolts (and washers) into the alternator bracket top left and
lower right as viewed from front
77. 77. 80.
Replace the stock pulley on the alternator with the pulley supplied.
Position alternator into bracket
This is a temporary position for the alternator! After initial test
drive of 5-10 miles the belt will
79. Re-install thermostat and o-ring.
Replace the upper radiator hose with supplied hose assembly. Be sure
to rotate thermostat housing
With the Heat Exchanger for the Intercooler bolted to its mounting brackets,
position the assembly
82. Connect the hoses to heat exchanger, water pump, intercooler, and tank as shown in Figure 1.
83. Re-fill engine cooling system and re-install cap. Close the petcock first!
Fill the Intercooler water tank with coolant (50/50 Water Glycol mixture).
It may be necessary to
If your kit is equipped with a high flow fuel pump, it can be installed
now. Follow instructions
If your kit is equipped with a fuel pump voltage step up devise, it
can be installed now. Mount unit
Locate the EEC processor inside the passenger side kick panel, and remove
from vehicle. Remove
Gently scrape away rubber coating from connector area using your finger
nail, (Popsicle stick, or
89. Gently clean terminals with scotch brite pad provided, and clean with rubbing alcohol (or similar).
90. Plug in chip as shown.
Plug the EEC processor and other electrical connectors back into the
vehicle harness. Leave the
92. The battery cable can now be connected.
93. Check for any stray tools or spare parts, which may hinder the starting of the vehicle.
Start engine and check for any fuel or coolant leaks, as well as adequate
working clearance between
After initial test drive of 10+ miles the accessory drive belt will
loosen slightly. The alternator must
96. Re-tighten the bolts to 17-22 ft-lbs.
The chip operation being verified now, run a small bead of RTV Silicone
along each edge of the
The EEC processor can now be re-inserted into its mounting location..
The kick panel and door sill
99. You’re done!
Revision 1.00 08-30-02 SCG
Thank you for your recent purchase of the Allen
Engine Development Inc. supercharger kit for your 2001 Bullitt®.
Your Kit serial #________
Kit Model 6 psi ____ 9 psi _____
Please keep this in your records in the event of a warranty claim.